The Hamilton International School is a Candidate School* for the IB Diploma Programme (DP). Our school is pursuing authorisation as an IB World School. These are schools that share a common philosophy – a commitment to high-quality, challenging, international education that The Hamilton International School believes is important for our students.
*Only schools authorized by the IB Organization can offer any of its four academic programmes: the Primary Year Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), or the Career-related Programme (CP). Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted. For further information about the IB and its programmes, visit www.ibo.org
The Diploma Programme (DP): preparing students for success in higher education and life in a global society. The DP is an academically challenging and balanced programme of education with final examinations that prepares students, aged 16 to 19, for success at university and life beyond. It has been designed to address the intellectual, social, emotional and physical well-being of students. The programme has gained recognition and respect from the world’s leading universities.
What will an IB Hamilton student look like?
The IB learner profile represents 10 attributes valued by IB World Schools. We believe these attributes, and others like them, can help individuals and groups become responsible members of local, national and global communities.
- Encouraged to think critically and solve complex problems through inquiry.
- Drive their own learning to become more knowledgeable and reflective.
- Confident and knowledgeable communicators facilitating entry to some of the highest-ranking universities around the world.
- IB students develop strong principled They are also likely to perform well academically – often better than students on
- Able to engage with people in an increasingly globalised world with a balanced and caring perspective.
- More culturally aware and open minded through immersion in an international curriculum.
- Equips students with valuable life skills, such as time management, and skills of inquiry that make a smooth transition to university.
- Internationally recognised qualification not modelled on any one country’s education system but instead takes elements from many.
- Hundreds of universities on their websites list the IB admissions process.
- Encourages teacher choice in the curriculum to ensure that materials are relevant to the students.
- An academically challenging and balanced programme, requiring coursework, orals and examinations.
- Employs a team of educational experts and a worldwide community of IB practitioners who participate in reviewing and updating
curriculum, looking at the best practices from around the world.
- Gives students a broad perspective on worldwide issues that will be relevant in the future.
- Prepares students for university. Our students could go on to study in the UK, US, Canada, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands, France and many other countries OR Non-Diploma candidates would earn certificates (1-6) without TOK, EE, CAS