The typical school week begins on a Sunday morning and ends on a Thursday afternoon. Fridays and Saturdays are weekend days off.
- The school day begins at 7:35 am.
- Children brought into Pre-K, KG1 and KG2, must be accompanied by a parent, registered driver or nanny, or by a sibling of secondary age, until the teacher opens their classroom door at 7:35am.
- Grades 1 and 2 children should wait in the primary playground until the bell rings at 7:35 am, at which time they should proceed to their classroom.
- Grades 3 to 5 children should wait in the playground until the bell is rung at 7:35am, at which time they should line up in the playground.
- The school day ends at 1:45pm.
- Children in elementary school must be collected from the classroom by a parent, a registered driver, or nanny.
- Older students should be collected from the classroom by a parent, registered driver or nanny. However, if they are not collected promptly, they will be taken to the ‘Late Duty’ teacher.
For early collection of students, the process is below:
- Present the parent ID to security at the main gate and receive a visitor’s pass.
- Parents proceed to the school office and explain the reason for early collection.
- The receptionist will arrange for the child to be brought to the school office.
- The parent remains in the school office so that office staff can sign the child out and provide an early leaver’s pass.
- The parent and student will return to security at main gate, hand in the early leaver’s pass and visitor’s pass, your ID will be returned to the parent, and then the parent can exit with their child.
Homework at The Hamilton International School will include:
- Regular reading with an adult.
- Opportunities for children to talk about their learning, and to consolidate and reflect on how their learning can be applied to the real world.
- Assigned age appropriate homework that will reinforce the learning that is taking place at school.